Thursday, October 1, 2009

1st October 2009

The insignificant happenings of yesterday and today, and random thoughts:

30th September 2009 
Went for a mooncake celebration at the company's owner's house last night. I had no idea where it was and was thinking of asking Daisy to go with me, but Fiona offered me a ride so I carpooled with their family instead. Met their daughter, Tanzi (or Tanzy..I'm not sure), for the first time and she is so cute! She's really obedient and stubborn and talkative and funny. And she speaks rapid-fire toddler Mandarin, and I can totally converse with her! I guess that means my level of conversational Mandarin is that of a 2 and a half year old.. Anyways, the kid makes me happy! Here's a pic of the both of us!


 Her smile reminds me of my smile! There's a reflection from my handphone there on our faces though. 

The mooncake celebration didn't really feel that "mooncake-y". I had two pieces of mooncake though. But that was all. There was a catered buffet of standard Asian food (rice, fried noodles, mixed vege, rendang, chicken, etc) and barbecued food. Maybe it didn't feel so "mooncake-y" cos there were so many people there and it was kinda hot outside. Maybe it was cos I didn't play with any lanterns. Apparently I'm a grown-up, and should act accordingly in front of my colleagues.

--

1st October 2009
I only found out that the date today was 1st October at around 3pm today. This morning, I glanced at my watch and I thought to myself, "Oh, I thought this month only had 30 days, and it's the 1st today? Never mind, it should be the 31st, that's what the watch says." Uh huh..

Anyways, today was another day of being caught between both bosses. Both of which are really nice bosses to me. Both of which treat their staff well, in their own way. It's just hard cos of the vast differences in their opinions and management styles. And being caught in between and reporting under both is awkward.

Went for yoga with Fiona after work to de-stress. Have just recently started yoga (just paid for a session each week for the month of October). Previously, I'd never been interested in or imagined myself going for "slow-motion" activities like yoga, but decided to give it a shot and was surprised to find myself quite liking it.
I like the placidity of the movements and the stretching and balancing! And even learning some basic massage techniques (which were ticklish but interesting). It's like space for a quiet time to think after a long day's work, and pretty good for flexibility as well.
But I don't think I'll get really involved in it and I'll definitely never progress into a yoga master or anything..it's nice and all, but I think once a week is enough tranquility for me.

Am going to start kick-boxing soon too. Though the kick-boxing is actually more to Tae-bo, and I don't think it's of any actual use as a form of martial art. But I need the exercise and I figure it'll be a good form of cardio.

I used to go for aerobics in Bintulu, though not regularly. I didn't much like it. Found the movements awkward and kinda ineffective. Rarely broke into a sweat. So in comparison, the yoga and kick-boxing are not bad at all.

Haven't gone swimming yet. Hopefully when B gets back we'll find time to go check out the pool at Eastwood.

Time passes weirdly when you're alone. Sometimes it's like a blur, and then at the very next instant, it seems to have slowed to a crawl...

2 comments:

Tania said...

kick boxing is great. i went for lessons in perth.

silhouette said...

This isn't really real kick-boxing though.. Haha.. I bet the one you went to in Perth was more fun! :p I'd like to try it (the real thing)!