I got home just now. And opened the fridge door to take out the bottle of cold water. And a distinctive smell hit me. Chives! Chives?
Crap. Now it's confirmed. I'm such an idiot. Yesterday, thinking I'd lower the temperature of the freezer, I set the temperature to "MIN", not just somewhere near "MIN", but turned the dial all the way.
But.. no, that sentence up there? That wasn't what happened. I didn't set the temperature to "MIN".
I'd turned the dial past "MIN", all the way to "OFF".
Why was "OFF" even placed there, right after "MIN"? Who designed the dial anyways?
Why not next to "MAX", so it's a gradual turn of the dial from cold to warm to switching it off? Aren't the designers of electrical dials and switches aware that the most mistakes are made due to human error?
I dunno. But I am so kicking myself now. A packet of sausages, a packet of red bean pau, and the fragrant chives dumplings, perfectly defrosted.
So, hey, I turned the freezer on again.
Left them in there to refreeze. I haven't decided what to do with them yet.
4 comments:
but why lah would u want to put ur fridge on min?? if i had a fridge it would always be set on max!
also! if the off is next to the MAX wouldnt it be worse if u wanna max the cold then is accident off?
i though everything goes from max ->min then off. at elast i think. anyhoo. our home fridge is mroe clever. got max and min. and a seperate button for off! WIN :D
Yup! It should have a separate button for "OFF"!
But logically, it goes from less to more so wouldn't off to max be the way to go? Of course you could eliminate all problems by putting it into a circle so off will be between min and max WIN! Then human errors will piss everyone off when the three are so close together.
Why am I leaving comments 2 months after your lumpy dumplings event? ALSO I don't think you should refreeze defrosted food and eats it! Tisn't safe and such! Although I do it all the time. Probably why I'm dying of swine flu right now. Not that you get swine flu from eating refrozendefrosted food.
See, it's effecting my brain already.
Apparently I am quite dumb, and my sister and cousin are right.. MIN means not cold, and MAX means more cold. Ummm.. weird system. :( Confusing.
Post a Comment