Tuesday, March 10, 2009

10th March 2009

Went up to Miri for the weekend.

On Saturday, went to Niah Caves with B, Steven, and Jenny. Woke up at 7.30am and got back at around 8.50pm. Was kinda tiring, but it was fun and quite a good workout, since I hadn't done any exercise in a really long while!

The distance walking from the Park HQ to the Painted Cave and back was around 9km. We started before 12pm and got back to the Park HQ around 4.30pm I think. Not too bad considering the lack of exercise. Hehe..

It was my second time there, the first time was with the YNRC bunch. So the trip brought back a lot of memories.


Niah 2004! Vin, Leslie, Deb, Joe, Tan, Daxter, Adruz, HuiLin, me! And missing from the picture: Wynie


I put that picture up instead of any recent photo, cos B hasn't given me any of the Niah photos yet.

We got back to Miri from Niah at around 6.50pm, so we went to the beach for a while to kill some time while waiting for the chicken noodle stall at the Miri town market to open (supposedly it opens at 7.30pm).


That could be us! But it's not. It's actually Steven and Jenny. Hahah.


Sunday was supposed to be a "date" day.

Had lunch, then we were supposed to surprise Alvin, but according to his auntie's cousin, "Ah Yip pergi Brunei sudah." Ohh.. So we hung out in Imperial for a while, then went for Mass. When we got back to the house after Mass, Mei Ling had cooked dinner for us already. So we ate in, and instead of going for a movie, we bought a DVD.

We had some drinks and cake at Coffee Bean (cos I prefer Coffee Bean to Starbucks. Ever realize that the staff at Starbucks all magically have some dodgy accent you can't place? And go "did you mean grande?" haughtily? At least the Coffee Bean staff sound authentically Malaysian and don't ooze smugness, ok!). So the drinks and cake were pretty much the "date". Most of the time was spent taking photos with B's camera. Not very "date"-like, but, hey, what to do.. maybe some other time. At least I had a good time.

Not nostalgic enough?


Monday was a public holiday. Malaysia being a Muslim country and all. So spent the day in Miri, and left at 6pm as usual.

The decomposed rat in the stairwell was gone when I got back to Bintulu. But the other muck and junk was still there.

Will be getting a parcel from Kuching tomorrow! Happy about it! Will stop by to pick it up before work.. Yay!

Today was a hectic day.
Sometimes, when things get rough, I wish I could go back home to people I love.

No comments: