Thursday, September 30, 2010

30th September 2010

The evolution of a joke:

Conversation.

> I was chatting with my cousin when she mentioned how some Readers' Digest jokes were very funny, especially "the jokes that are actually antidotes". I answered, "You mean Laughter is the Best Medicine?" Turns out she meant "anecdote".

> I was chatting with my cousin when she mentioned how some Readers' Digest jokes were very funny, especially "the jokes that are actually antidotes". At first I didn't understand what she meant, but then it suddenly clicked. I asked, "You mean Laughter is the Best Medicine?" Turns out she meant "anecdote".

> I was chatting with my cousin about how I'd used a "flame" background for my blog, because I was "lame". She was telling me that I was incredibly lame, when she mentioned how some Readers' Digest jokes were very funny, especially "the jokes that are actually antidotes". At first I didn't understand what she meant, but then it suddenly clicked. I laughed, "You mean Laughter is the Best Medicine? You're lame too!" Turns out she meant "anecdote".

So which one is funnier?

No comments: