Thursday, June 3, 2010

3rd June 2010

Last night I had buffet dinner with the family at the Four Points by Sheraton, also known as Lynn's hotel. It was very nice and Lynn got a staff discount of 50%, as well as collecting points for the original cost of the dinner instead of the discounted rate. Which was all very good.

It was also supposed to be Father's Day in advance, and we gave Papa a backpack, a standard polo-T, and 3 pairs of anti-bacterial socks.

Anyways, for the buffet, I ate:
  1. Raw oyster on ice - with lots of lemon juice and Tabasco sauce (first time! But didn't like..)
  2. Scallops on ice (first time also!)
  3. Prawn on ice
  4. Salmon and butter fish sashimi
  5. Sushi
  6. Umai
  7. Various salads
  8. Tuak (cos it was Gawai)
  9. Ayam Pansoh (bamboo chicken, another Gawai dish)
  10. Roast lamb
  11. Mustard beef steak
  12. Snapper fillet with leek sauce
  13. Spaghetti bolognese
  14. Shepherd's pie
  15. Dim sum
  16. Various breads with butter
  17. Marshmallows
  18. Honeydew
  19. Cakes, puddings, various desserts
I can't remember what else.
I always eat so much in Kuching. I think it's a family habit..

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: