B got back from B11 on Tuesday.
We brought AdelineYeo (who's in Miri for some audit assignment) out for dinner at Siamese Secrets on Wednesday. Then we went over to the Tai Lee Boat Bar, which was really crummy, cos the guy there was really obnoxious. I don't think we're ever going back there again. Sigh.
On Thursday, B brought me for babi bakar at Stall No. 14, Alo Akah Baram. It's our favourite stall cos the uncle-and-auntie-type proprietors are really nice and the pork is always freshly grilled. It's significantly cleaner than the other stalls too. And they very obligingly toast our buns for us so we get carbs with our meals. Babi bakar with slices of fruit, cheap beer, and toasted buns, yum!
Yesterday, which was Friday, me and B had lunch at the Boulevard Food Court. I had the lalapan there, which was nice (except I didn't really like those uncooked leafy bits that looked like random weeds). I think I like lalapan because it's challenging. Haha.
Then last night, we watched the Muay Thai fights at the Miri Indoor Stadium. The tickets cost RM30 each, sponsored by B, even though he didn't fancy the idea of going.
Overall it was kinda disappointing, because either:
- Muay Thai is slower and requires less technical skill than other martial arts (such as karate, etc)
or - the Muay Thai fighters weren't that highly skilled, and were only about amateur-level.
Either way, I think it wasn't all that great. Even the supposed "highlights" of the event took place with I was in the dirty toilet, and all I could hear were the cheers. Bleah.
That said, I still think it was a good experience because it might be the only Muay Thai fight I'll ever see in real life.
And I was again made aware of a great truth. Thank you, you.
Cake and Choya and goodnight?
No comments:
Post a Comment