I'm back early today. Slightly after 6.00pm. It's been a while. I can't really remember the last time I drove myself back so early. The sun was so bright, and the sky was a very pretty light blue, with lots of fluffy clouds.
I am disoriented and slightly disheartened. Two steps forward, one step back. I hope I am doing well at work. But, as always, humans are so fickle. I seem to be treading on ice half the time.
I am so alone. It's easier to be colder and harder than to think too much about it. Indifference is always easier. I am fine with isolation, I think largely because it's easier. Or so I keep telling myself. Sometimes I believe it. Sometimes, not so much...
I wonder why I even bother going against the flow. My points, no matter how well expressed, will not be of any significance to the others. Why bother at all with expressions of individualism? Do I care so much as to portray myself as different?
It is easier to go along with the charade. But I can't stand to.. I find it demeaning and frankly insulting.
Are there no more characters cast in shades of grey? This is making a feminist of me. Is this a surprising by-product of my Teresian roots..and those of my mother's?
And where is the so-called trademark Teresian bitchiness to back me up?
No comments:
Post a Comment