Saturday, August 27, 2011

27th August 2011

All I want from this life is happiness.

I want to be comfortable, to be at peace.
To learn more, to constantly better myself.
I want my family and friends to live comfortable lives.
I want to laugh and smile with my loved ones.
To be surrounded by sincere people, who have good hearts and try hard.
To never hurt anyone else without real cause.
I want to enjoy my job, I want to excel in it.
I want to live in a world where jobs are about contribution instead of monetary gains.
To live in a world where there is intelligence and understanding and justice.

I don't understand why so much in life comes in the way of this simple happiness.
How did humanity end up like this?
Why am I sucked into this system, perpetuating the cycle of dissatisfaction?

Because I want it too.
A better job with a higher salary.
The satisfaction of reaping the fruits of the enterprising spirit.
The recognition that comes with the career advancement.
The little trinkets and securities that indicate financial stability.
All for the future. All to ensure the comfort and ability in times of need.
I have subscribed to the very ideals that grate against my base idealism.

And yet, for all I have written, I will do no nothing about it. I am guilty too.

No comments: