Today is Teacher's Day. Happy Teacher's Day to Mama, and B's mom and dad, and Beauty!
Oh, about my job search: I'd given a copy of my résumé to SiewChyn 2 weeks ago and I'd sent out my "intent" to a couple of manpower supply companies, as well as one major industry player..but hadn't heard anything from..anyone...
So last night I was randomly browsing (more on the random browsing later) and sent in my application to a manpower supply company, for a position based in Brunei. Surprisingly, I received a reply before lunch today asking for more details! Amazing, right?
I sent in the additional details (valid safety training, qualifications, etc)..which I happily am able to provide!
On top of that, I even received a nice acknowledgement email from the lady thanking me for the details. Haha. Hope.
After lunch, another pleasant turn.. I received my bonus. My first ever oil and gas bonus! Two point five months is not bad at all!
And B called too, from offshore! Even though he didn't reply my emails, but ah well..it's all good. Glad things are going well there, was worried by some apparently unreliable news of bad weather.
Talked to Lynn on the phone too. She seems to be getting good exercise. Have to remember to get the stuff blessed and send it back to her.
I guess it was a good day for me.
Oh, I think I'm a hardcore random browser.
I just used up 1GB of the 3GB Broadband stick within 3 days. I guess this plug and play thing isn't for me..will have to get the regular Streamyx plan then.
And the Momok blog has hit it's highest spike in visitors to date, all due to my coverage of the Bintang stuff. An increase of almost 2,000 visitors from 2 days ago.
Back to random browsing. I think I stream too much stuff to watch (mostly Youtube and various anime), read a lot of stuff, and perhaps the downloading (PDF printer) contributes too.
Too bad.
I bought a multi-grain ball today, and had multi-grain-ball-bread-and-tuna sandwiches for dinner. I think I'll have some variation of that tomorrow as well. And a pear!
I have 3 pears in the fridge now.
Judging by the number of exclamation marks I have here in this post, I guess I'm feeling pretty enthusiastic today.
It's all good. Am glad everyone's okay.
Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment