Saturday, May 14, 2011

14th May 2011

Again. Almost 2 months have passed since I last wrote here.

Last month, me and B moved into the new house. Lot 2031. It's by the river, but we haven't gone fishing yet.
It's B's house..technically not mine. But I try my best to make it seem like a home for us, and it takes on some of what makes me me.
We had a housewarming celebration on 16th April, the day of the Sarawak Elections.

We both went back for the Mother's Day weekend. I made kimchi as a Mother's Day gift..perhaps it was too spicy though.

Back to the house, and domesticity. The house consumes us. We care for it and improve it constantly. Between that and cooking and cleaning, my feet ache and hands are raw. My nails have become fragile and break off easily. I've never felt so domesticated before. I must improve on my own maintenance or I'm afraid my body will fall apart and I will grow old so much faster than I ought to. That I will lose my edge and my spark and end up limited by the box I erected around myself, bound to the mindless minutiae. Paranoia perhaps. Maybe these thoughts give me restless dreams.
But it's all good..so far, the house is comfortable. And we are happy. This house is a Happiness House. It's almost like another buffer zone.

My job search has just begun again. I need to improve this situation, and not let my career stagnate.
Sometimes I wish I was more free, to San Diego, or Australia, or Singapore even. But no, I don't wish it..not at all. I'm happy now. And happiness is a rare and elusive creature.

B's offshore. I picked up a 3GB Celcom Broadband stick from Boulevard yesterday and am testing it now.
Had tuna-and-cucumber salad for lunch today.
Just finished my egg-tuna-cucumber-carrot-and-baby-tomato salad dinner. Washed down with Carlsberg and kuih cincin.

I lay around the whole day, I didn't clean, didn't wash, and didn't cook - except for one boiled egg.
The house is quiet. I'm glad for the internet access.

No comments: