Monday, January 12, 2009

12th January 2009

Raining again today. It's been raining every night for a week now. Had to use PB back to Bintulu from Miri last night because the Eva bus I usually take was cancelled due to the flooding and landslide someplace a little past Kuching (Serian, actually).

Ate the chicken wings my mom packed. The fridge is now empty, except for 2 apples.
The apples look nice there. A bit lonely, but nice.

The bad thing about having an empty fridge is that there's not much food. Yeah, obviously, but I mean besides the obvious "there's not much food" part.. It kinda makes you feel like everything is just transient (the feeling similar to when you're a student using the plastic sheeting, DIY assembly type clothes cupboards - which I'd never liked), and is also a little bit scary and depressing in a my-fridge-isn't-stocked-because-guess-I-don't-earn-much-money way.

The good part (optimism?) is that the fridge is really easy to clean..being so empty and all, and that's always a good thing. Same as not having any living room furniture makes it much easier to sweep the front room.

It's 12 days into 2009, since I haven't really listed any goals for the new year yet, I'll start by stating one simple one here: I will get another job within one year.
Despite the financial crisis, and the lousy economy. Even though things will get worse before they get better. Knowing full well that it's LIFO.
I will do it. I need to.
So I'm writing this here, as a reminder to myself.

No comments: