Killing time and browsing through Blogger's Blogs of Note, I happened to chance upon this girl, who wrote about how being single has made her a better person.
While I agree with the bulk of her sentiments, some bits seem kinda contradictory and undermine the whole essay. I think it was supposed to be an "I am woman, hear me roar" piece, but to me it seemed more like "when life gives you lemons.."
I didn't feel the sense of empowerment, there was no conscious choice in her remaining single. (Though it's great she's learnt from it.) Where's the conscious decision to choose her path? And where does the character shine through? Involuntarily excluded and making the best of it, so where's the triumph? Sadly, I think that the piece falls kinda flat.
I'm sorry I was disappointed, the Blogs of Note aren't noteworthy at all. Bleah.
No comments:
Post a Comment