Let's see.. I left Kuching on Lynn's birthday.
Kuching was... Kuching.
Ushering in the Year of the Tiger wasn't all that. Kinda quiet. Family seems kinda blase bout the whole Chinese New Year thing. Didn't go visiting much. Didn't eat New Year food much.
Didn't even get to watch any firecrackers. That's a first, I think, since I was a tiny kid.
Went visiting with the girls, everyone's still the same. They had dinner and karaoke on the 20th, but I didn't join in, cos we celebrated Lynn's birthday. I dropped by briefly at the karaoke - though it's really not my thing.
I've never understood the appeal of paying to sit in a small room and sing. Sure, if you go karaoke-ing with friends the companionship and et cetera is great..but the same companionship at a cafe or something is even better (minus the singing, and with more things to look at). But ah, well, live and let live.
Ah, what else? I now have a Facebook account. Facebook. Urghh. The sucker of souls! All because of Boss, and my mouth moving too fast and overtaking my brain. As Alan is so fond of saying, and Leena so fond of repeating, "Lembu dipegang tali, manusia dipegang janji." But nevermind, I'll just let it stagnate there. A requirement fulfilled. Bleah.
I bought some new clothes for wearing in the office. Reference to my earlier resolution.
I've modified the resolution somewhat though: my new (and improved) goal is more specific. I'm going "to dress nicely to the office at least once a week." I think it's more realistic and achievable..I'll work on it bit by bit from there.
Received very vocal compliments from a whole load of my colleagues when I started dressing a bit better. (Implemented since the last week of February - two weeks ago now.)
It's partly nice, cos I feel my efforts were acknowledged at least, and hopefully it'll motivate me to try look better..
But surprisingly, the sheer unambiguity of the compliments and comments rather made me feel slightly annoyed and offended. I mean, sure I'm making some effort to dress better, but from the way they'd rave about how fabulous-hot-amazing-sexy-cantik-beautiful-lawa-pretty-and more I looked, you'd think I was absolute hell to look at before..! Hmmph.. Very unsubtle, people.
And.. I'd like to try cardio. Just give it a shot since I've never even seen it before. Must remember to try it soon. And probably go for yoga again too..think it was kinda peaceful.
B's been offshore since last Wednesday. Still the same project, no idea when he'll be back. Oh, the office had a Chinese New Year open house last Thursday and invited COMPANY personnel as well. COMPANY in capitals, of course. Haha.
It was not bad (only a bit hot), though B didn't get to attend cos he'd gone offshore the day before that. Leena was on half-day leave then so I ate with Karie, at the same table as the Boss's Wife and Daughter. I stupidly didn't recognize the Wife, and gave her a blank look when she greeted me. So embarassing. Oops..
We (Karie, me, Morris and Alan) celebrated Leena's birthday in advance on Tuesday (2nd March) at Dynasty. Morris and Alan paid for our meals. I paid Alan's share (measly amount) for the cake though. Think Leena was happy, hope so. Her real birthday was yesterday (4th March).
Oh, and yesterday I went with Karie to Double Star for lunch. We saw Morris's friend (who helped fix my car, I forgot his name) and Davis there too. And after we started eating, Boss showed up and sat at the table beside us. Boss had lunch with his Wife and paid our bill when we'd done. So we got chia-ed.
Experienced a "jampi" scare few days ago. Or maybe I'm just being weird about it. No idea. But at least nothing bad's happened. Guess it's fine. Haha.
Recently I've been having problems sleeping and my stomach's pretty upset. Hope B comes back soon. (B..are you reading this?)
Ishh..it's like I broke the fourth wall. Haha.
Last but not least, my latest project (in collaboration with Leena):
the khokolate shop
inclusive of:
the khokolate shop on facebook (fan page)
I still think Facebook is quite corrosive on a personal level, but I must admit it's an excellent marketing and promotions tool. (Which incidentally only adds to its crassness.)
Ok, ok, so I'm a grouch. Imma. "Am a bee!" Hahaha. I hear your voice in my head.
2 comments:
Hello there. Hey, how's it going? How's it been?
I just found your blog through Irene's. Thought of dropping a comment in your chat box but I guess here would do just fine :)
Are you still in Miri, btw? Perhaps we could hang out for a couple of drinks sometimes just to catch up.
Anyway, Add me on facebook (if you got one)
Cheers!
Hello. Yup, I'm still in Miri..haha, sure I guess it's no problem.
I kinda have a facebook account. It's handled by my sister - though she'd probably add you.
Post a Comment