Monday, November 14, 2011

14th November 2011

Went back to Kuching with B on the 10th, Thursday night.

Ian and Sen's ROM was on the 11th at the Teochew Association. B's cousin had her marriage registration on the same day. Happily, it was Sen's birthday as well - a memorable 11/11/11 for her. I hope she liked the bracelet, and I really hope it was genuine silver..
Had a late dinner at The Junk with Lynn, Mark, and B that night. It was Mark's last day of school for the 2011 academic year, next year he will be in Form 5. The dinner was Lynn's treat; she'd just gotten her first (and second) credit card offered to her from the bank. Now my little sister earns more than I do. I'm happy about it, but a little concerned.. Nevertheless, I'm proud she seems to be doing well in a job she enjoys. It might not be my cup of tea, but I'm glad she's happy.

Woke up early on the 12th for Jessica's wedding. Was really pleased for her, and it was touching when she cried a couple of times (when her dad hugged her after the tea ceremony, and after her wedding banquet was over). It was the first time I'd participated in or even witnessed the Chinese "jie mei" ceremony..it was a very unusual experience for me, I don't think I quite liked..it was noisy and rowdy. Oh, and I was very honoured that Jessica asked me to be her Reader for the Wedding Mass. Overall, I think the whole thing went well - morning Chinese event, church wedding, tea ceremonies, and banquet.

Here are some pictures I've obtained of Jessica's wedding:

Us with the bride and groom. (From the left: Linda, Sarah, Angie, PuiJoo, Rose, Jacq, Val, Nicholas, the cute ring-bearer, Jessica, Kelly, Donna, Shawna, me, someone's girlfriend, someone else's girlfriend, Genevieve)

The bride's friends and the groom's friends. 

A popular elbows-out pose. Apparently, my strap is showing..but I think it still looks acceptable.

Girls without the bride. (From left: Genevieve, Sarah, Val, Shawna, Kelly, PuiJoo, Jacq, Rose, me, Donna)

Photo taken at Nick's house, during the tea ceremony. (From left: Genevieve, Kelly, NaiLin, Jacq, PuiJoo, Val, Donna, me, Sarah)

Me and Jess! I'm so happy for her! 

And here's the video by Shirleen:



That's all the pictures I have for now. Hopefully I'll post some pictures of the ROM events on the 11th when I get them.

Umm.. yeah, I had an interview today. It's the first oil and gas interview I've gone for since I've started in this industry..it's also the first Miri-based company I've applied for since I've started.
I think I did well, but I'm not sure whether they'll want me.
I'm also not sure if I'll choose to leave in the event they decide that they do want me.
I guess I'll just wait and see.

I'm really tired. B's in Bintulu.
What I need now.. is a hug. Sigh.
Correction: What I want now is a hug.
I want a hug now, but I don't need it.
I need B, I need my family. I need rest.

No comments: