Tuesday, October 26, 2010

26th October 2010

Was in KL for the EPM course last week.
Left Miri on Monday evening. The course was from 19th to 21st October, but I extended the trip til Saturday night.

This is my room at Hotel Sri Petaling, in Bandar Sri Petaling. 

Had my first train (LRT, whatever) ride on 19th October:

-----Original Message-----
From: MT
Sent: Wednesday, 20 October, 2010 7:58 PM
To: Leena
Subject: FW: IMG00005-20101019-1821.jpg


Hehe show you something


Regards,


MT




-----Original Message-----
From: MT
Sent: Tuesday, 19 October, 2010 6:16 PM
To: rhs@shell.com
Subject: IMG00005-20101019-1821.jpg


Hi B


My first train ride!!!!


Too bad u not here


Take Care


Send behalf


J




Regards,


MT

Yay! I don't care if they think I'm sakai! 

Me and Morris Ting went to KLCC by train. It was my first time to KLCC as well. Coincidentally met up with Yusnaidi there, and we had dinner with Wong TK.
After that Morris's friends picked us up and we went to Kajang for satay.

Diana and me, in my room.

My eyes are so small cos I was tired. This was after Day 2 of the course.

Peace!

After dinner. Online in the hotel lobby. Tired and iPod-ing. They turn off the wi-fi at 10.30pm.. 

After Day 3 of the course, we checked into Cube Hotel in the Bukit Bintang area.

This is my room at the Cube Hotel. It was number 2102 (Lynn's birthday)! The room is so small that the two single beds are not only touching, but squashed together..like a double bed. 

And that's the tiny fold-up desk and bathroom. 

The rooms at Cube Hotel were really small, but at least they were clean. And only cost RM130/night for the twin room (2 single beds). And it was near the Bukit Bintang area, so it was convenient for us to walk around, shop, and get food.
At Sungai Wang (I think), I saw a chinchilla! It was so cute, it's like a small rabbit (guinea pig size, but fluffy like a fluffy rabbit) with hamster ears, and a long fluffy kitten-type tail! It was the first time I'd ever seen it.

Went to Zouk for the first time too! There weren't as many pretty girls as I was led to believe, but then it was a Thursday night.

After that, went to stay with B's brother, Ian. His house was nice.. Honoured to be the first person apart from the owner himself to stay in the house. I slept in the green room.
Oh, had dinner with Ian and Sen (his girlfriend) at Amcorp Mall. We had Korean food.

On Saturday, went with Ian and Sen to the Petaling Jaya Old Town Wet Market. Sen's parents and relatives were there..apparently they have stalls there. It was awesome, we had a huge breakfast that turned into lunch (curry laksa cooked by Sen's auntie, Indian curry rice, various kuihs, roti canai, and warm soya bean milk) because Sen's mother was so hospitable and kept plying us with more food.

Then after that, went to Ikea for the first time! It was nice.. Wanna go again, after we (me, B..?) get a house. The furniture is cheap! And there's like a 16-piece stainless steel cutlery set (4 sets of a spoon, a fork, a knife, and a tablespoon each) for only RM6.50! I really, really want to buy some!
After that, before we left the Curve area, Sen treated us to some Japanese food at Sakae Sushi. Will take her out for spicy food (tom yam, lalapan) when she and Ian come to Miri for a visit!

Sadly, no pictures. The camera is not really operational now..
Got back to Miri late Saturday night.

No comments: