Thursday, February 4, 2010

4th February 2009

Work is fine. Handling something a bit different for now - trying to balance the information in and out between us and the nominated Third Parties. Adjusting different mobilizations and procurement dates is definitely interesting and at times slightly overwhelming. Slow periods with sudden bursts of activity, and mad swerving between deadlines.
Haha. Strangely, I think that may be fun..? (Yeah, I guess I am some kinda freak.)
Not sure if it's relevant. But definitely a learning experience. Going great for now.

Had a brief chat with Boss about AhFet's qualifications. So far it seems at least likely that there'll be a way to slot him in, but fingers crossed! Hope!
Amended AhFet's resume this evening (he's like the opposite of me, such a modest resume..haha), I'll submit it to Boss tomorrow and talk some more about the way to go about it.

Tanzie's birthday was yesterday. I bought her a wrist-cat. She's so cute, and she always makes me feel happy. Fiona gave me some of Tanzie's birthday cake..it was ice-cream Barney cake! Hehe..

So I guess me and Leena are in the process of setting up an online shop. Not sure how successful it'll be, but just giving it a shot and see how it ends up. I've already set up the email account and finished maybe 70% of the website (just a noob blogspot - for now?), just got a few more points to iron out. We're getting some items in soon from JJ (at no initial cost, cos I'm risk adverse like that, haha!), and then maybe give it a few dry runs. Will probably get started for real after Chinese New Year.
This online shop thing hasn't started at all yet, but based on what's going on now, I think I'll be handling most of the set-up and I think Leena'll be good at the PR-promoting-the-shop bit. Again, fingers crossed!

..Though if I had to choose (since I've crossed my fingers for 2 different things here already), I'd definitely want AhFet's thing to go through smoothly. To be honest, the online shop isn't really a priority for me at this stage - we'll see how things go.

B's been offshore for so long now..and it's been no contact since I-can't-even-remember. Hope he gets back soon, then we can prepare to go back home.
Bought the pineapple tarts from Morris already, and ordered a small container of kuih momo (momo, makmur, whatever..) from Fiona. Oh, and already bought some vodka with B (when he was onshore) to bring back too.

Preparations, preparations.

And been watching Bleach again. Yay!

No comments: